Meeting Room & Exhibit Space Policies
As a public institution dedicated to the free expressions and free access to ideas presenting all points of view, the meeting rooms and exhibit space in the Cleveland County Memorial Library are available on equal terms for the lawful activities of all groups and persons regardless of their beliefs or affiliations. The following rules apply.
Policy approved by the Cleveland County Memorial Library Board of Trustees on March 20, 1997.
- Meeting rooms and exhibit space must be used during the regular library operating hours.
- No fees, donations or other offerings may be charged or collected by the user for any program or exhibit. Library premises may not be used for sales or solicitation for profit.
- All programs and exhibits must be open to the public.
- Bookings will be on a first come, first served basis. Bookings may not exceed 12 times in a 12 month period without prior approval of the Board of Trustees. Bookings for use of the meeting rooms will be to the end of the calendar year only. Groups desiring regular meetings must renew their applications each December. No time slot will be granted indefinitely.
- A refundable deposit of $25.00 is required for groups serving refreshments. To obtain your refund, have a staff member check the room at the conclusion of your meeting.
- No booking will be confirmed without the receipt of a completed application and a paid deposit if required.
- The library must be notified of any cancellation in advance. Repeated failure of a group to notify the library of a cancellation may cause that group to lose their scheduled remaining bookings.
- Programs and exhibits may not disrupt the use of the library by others. Persons attending meetings or exhibits are subject to all library rules and regulations.
- Library facilities shall be left in a clean and orderly condition. Users shall pay the cost for repair of any damages incurred. The library will not be responsible for any materials or equipment left in the building by exhibitors or users. Kitchen utensils shall be washed and replaced in drawers and cabinets. Groups are expected to supply their own disposables such as detergent, napkins, etc. Chairs and tables should be returned to an orderly position.
- Granting permission to use the library's facilities does not constitute an endorsement of the user or their beliefs by the Library Board of Trustees or staff.
To request the use of the meeting room or conference room please call:
704-487-9069 ext. 221
Home | Services | Computer Policy